Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Daily Devotion for 3/30/11 In Times of Need

Sorry folks, I know I've been slackin. Charge it to my head and not my heart. Have a productive day...


Today's Subject: In Times of Need

Scripture Text: Read Daniel 6:3-10


Three times a day [Daniel] got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.
--- Daniel 6:10 (NIV)

WITHOUT warning, I lost my job, and I left work the day my notice was given. That evening, I adopted my usual habit of Bible reading and prayer but was interrupted by a call from a friend whom I had e-mailed earlier with my news. During our conversation, I read her a phrase from the Bible that had caught my attention. "The last thing I expected you to be doing was reading the Bible!" she exclaimed.

Like many people, I guess, I don't trust God unless I have to. As difficulties have come, I've learned not to reject God but to run to God. This has come about through my daily habit of praying and reading the Bible. These actions have deepened my relationship with and my dependence on God. I know that I need to establish the habit of listening to God in my everyday routine so that I will hear God's voice in times of need.

Trust is difficult, especially when our circumstances are hard and our questions aren't answered. Daniel had learned the secret: the habit of daily prayer. That practice offers us help in all of our challenges.

Hilary Allen (Somerset, England)
Prayer
Dear God, help us to realize the importance of spending time with you each day. Teach us to love you more in the time we spend together. Help us to love and to trust you in all circumstances. Amen.


Prayer Focus

New Christians and their growth

Peace and Blessings Fam...I'll be back on my Daily Devotional grind soon enough

:: LA ::

No comments:

Post a Comment