Friday, July 10, 2009

Etymology (Spoken Word Series Part II)

As most of you know, my poetry speaks a lot on current as well as past situations. This is about one of the past. I'm glad to say that it isn't a part of my present. Maybe someone else needs this more than me...Enjoy!


I ran into the ex
Yea, him
The one that left me for she
The one that broke, wounded, and left my heart skarred
It's hard to see him now
He's got his own family
4 years and my heart still hurts
My wounds are still left unhealed
My heart still bleeds for the need to be loved by
Him
It was him that loved me in a way no other man could
It was he that once made me feel beautiful
He was the one, the only one that sent chills up my spine
and in time I just knew he would come back to me
But now I see
What was once just a nightmare
has truly become a harsh reality
You see he decided that WE, should be made up of him, her, and me
But I thought a couple was TWO, not Three
Now his mistake has altered my entire destiny
Our picture perfect relationship is null and void
You see, he thought he could lie to me and say that his focus was gone
He lied and tried to deny that his feelings for me were gone
but I knew better
And I let go
I could see in his eyes how hard he tried to fight his true feelings inside
And in his eyes I saw the truth
I knew there was a her
And that what we had was fading
I knew that it wasn't just because of her but that there was also a baby
And my heart hurt
He once told me that I was the future
He once told me that I was who should be, the mother of his future babies
But he killed that dream
He denied me the right
He denied me the TRUTH
He just left
No words
No calls
No letters
No Text
I got nothing
And I was left wondering
Claims he was too afraid to hurt me
But how could he just desert me?
I knew he had new responsibilities
but what about me
When did I not matter anymore
Why was I pushed aside
How come Im the only one feeling and dealing with the pain
Yea, I know it sounds insane but im finding it hard to maintain my sanity
And I just wish he could feel what I feel
I wish that he would have all the lonely nights
I wish he lacked trust
I just wish he could feel
What i feel
Every night that i sit
And wait
For the call to say "hey i think we need a break"
Or the text to say "we're through"
Or even the conversation that takes WE and turns it back to you and me
You see I
Just
want
to be free

No comments:

Post a Comment