Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I refuse to sink... [Self-Evaluation Part VII]


Just because you don't feel the hand of God upon you, doesn't mean he isn't there...

Those are words that challenged me, they spoke to me and pierced my soul. How did I feel after hearing those words? Everything made sense. You see, when you think the hand of God isn't on you, you have a tendency to succumb to fear. I can honestly say that I have been one of those that has. I used to be afraid of storms...Pastor reminded us of a few things.

*Storms are inevitable [I can't run from them]
*Storms are unpredictable [There's always the calm before the storm. You never know when they are coming or how strong they will be]
*Storms are impartial [Storms rain on the just as well as the unjust; Blacks and Whites; Males and Females; etc.]
*Storms are temporary [Reminds me of the song I used to sing: "Encourage my soul, and let us journey on. For the night is young, and I am far from home. Thanks be to God, the morning light of peace. The storm is passing over, the storm is passing over, the storm is passing over, hallelujah"]

One thing that we have to remember is that storms do come over everyone, but its the way we respond to them that sets us apart from others. The key is to respond in FAITH and NOT fear.

The Pastor also reminded us of 3 things to do when you feel you're going under
1. Remember the Lords presence [Even when it seems like he isn't there, remember that he is. His presence makes all the difference.]

2. Rest in the Lords Promise [How simple it sounds, but how easily we forget to do so. Don't get so caught up in the storm that you forget about where God is taking you. Don't forget about V.35]

3. Rely on the Lords Power [The power is in the word; "Peace be still" Just remember that when God is ready to bring you out of the storm, it's by his word...]

What a concept right?!? Basically all you need to do is trust in the Lord, have faith [Faith without works is dead btw],pray, and strive to stay in his will. Yes we sometimes fall short, but God is a forgiving God. God is a God of Purpose. We must remember that everything that we go through is for a reason. He would never put more on us then we can bear.

So what are you saying Leslie?! What I'm saying is that I refuse to sink!! I refuse to allow fear to keep me from reaching my destiny!! God is too good and deserves more from me.

So keep fighting and keep praying my brothers and sisters...He's worthy!

Remember...

Always [Love] Forever

.: LA :.

1 comment:

  1. Right on sis! I was anticipating this post in particular since you mentioned you were working on it via gmail yesterday. Clearly, it was well worth the wait. Thank you for bringing me a bit of VBS this season! Oh, and thanks for sharing your heart with us in cyberspace - so brave, so fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete