Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daily Devotion for 1/12/11 Surrender (Part II)

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening! How is everyone? I pray everyone is holding up okay through all of this winter weather. :)

Well, lets get back into it...

Today's Lesson(s): Surrender (Part II )
Scripture Reference: Luke 5:5

"Because you say so, I will." (Luke 5:5)

There are three benefits to surrendering to God and allowing him to lead the way.

#1 You will have peace: The scripture says in Job 22:21 "Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace; Thereby good shall come unto thee."

#2 You will have freedom: We find the following words in Romans 6:17 "Offer yourselves to the ways of God and the freedom never quits."

#3 You have POWER: "Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

When we submit to God, all of those problems that once overwhelmed us are defeated. All of those temptations, DEFEATED! The peace that comes from submission to God is one of the most amazing feelings. For years I fought God on a few things. I kept trying to do things my way, and I wrestled night and day. I tossed and turned every night because I didn't want to hear what God was trying to tell me. I finally had to let go of self and allow God to speak to me...and the peace that overcame my spirit was amazing...I couldn't believe I waited so long to let him speak to me. It's a lesson I learned the hard way, but the reward was so much greater than the test!

Remember, Surrendering is not always a negative thing. Victory can come through surrendering. It is something that will strengthen you, not weaken you.

William Booth, (Founder of the Salvation Army), spoke these words: " The greatness of a man's power is in the measure of his surrender." In life, we all at some point will surrender to someone or something, so why not let it be God. If you surrender to God, the fear of surrendering to anything else will disappear. Release yourself from surrendering to money, to lusts, to your own ego, or to others. Release yourself from surrendering to fear. "God has not given us the spirit of fear..." (2 Timothy 1:7)

Just remember that because of our free will, we have the freedom and the power to surrender to anything but be aware of the consequences that may follow. In the words of E. Stanley Jones, "If you don't surrender to Christ, you surrender to chaos". Let Jesus be your example! He surrendered to God's plan "I want your will, not mine" and look at where it got us today. SALVATION!

Well ponder on these things as we move forward in the new year.

Final Thought: When you surrender to Christ, you can handle anything life throws at you.


That's all for now. Have a blessed morning/afternoon/evening.

Your Sister in Christ,

LA

No comments:

Post a Comment