Friday, January 7, 2011

Write the vision and make it plain (Part II)

Hello Folks!

Today's Lesson(s): Write the Vision and make it plain (Part II)

Scripture Reference: Habakukk 2;

Continuing in the lesson on writing the vision...

Your vision: You must find it (contd.)

"For this reason I was born..." (John 18:37) How do you find the momentum you need to fulfill your destiny? You listen and heed God's call. When you know what that is, you'll have all of the momentum and drive that you need to do what needs to be done. Will things always go right? No, but the power to overcome the obstacles, and stumbling blocks will be more powerful then anything you've ever experienced. But ask yourself some questions:

1. What desires have been living in me most of my life?
2. What motivates me to be productive?
3. What keeps me going forward when I'm worn out?
4. What makes me reuse to quit when I meet with resistance or opposition?
5. What do I do that doesn't seem like work?
6. What do I do that brings positive response and support from others?
7. What M I doing, or what's happening in my life when doors seem to open automatically and effortlessly?
8. What do discerning leaders and godly counselors think about my work?
9. What makes me feel good about being who I am?
10. What makes my creative juices flow?
11. What am I willing to sacrifice to accomplish it?
12. What am I doing that I'd be proud to offer for God's approval?
13. What would I do without getting paid, if I could afford to?
14. What would I be willing to withstand Satan over, in order to accomplish it?

Seems like a lot of questions right? But they are necessary in order to seek and find God's purpose for your life. Sometimes we need to find a quiet place/closet and take time to talk to God, ask questions, seek answers, and be ready to follow through. A scripture I like to remember says this "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalms 34:7) Take the time to talk to him. He loves to hear from us...In asking yourself, and God these questions, you're heading right in the direction you need to be in order to write your vision.

Your vision: You must Follow it

"One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal." (Phillipians 3:13-14) The bible says that we are to WRITE the vision and make it plain....sooo write your vision down! :) Write it, read it regularly, remember it, and then run with it! One of our greatest enemies when fulfilling our destinies is distractions. There's an old story about the "white elephant" If a king ever wanted to destroy an enemy he gave them a white elephant. They did no work but had to be fed a lot, and fed often. DISTRACTION Hello!!!! So what was a "gift" was in fact a distraction which led to the downfall of the enemy. So, guard yourself against those "White Elephants" Those friends that are attention seeking, those activities that drain your time and energy. Protect your vision...And work to live by these words "Lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the AUTHOR and the FINISHER of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God...consider him...lest you become weary and discouraged." (Hebrews 12:1-3)

Work on writing your vision down so that you can remember it and follow it. Jot down the questions above and seek him for answers. I have attached a song called "I delight in your presence" the words simply say this "I delight in your presence oh Lord. You alone are my King whom I love and adore. In the light of your presence oh Lord. Truth is revealed, strength is restored. Faith is released Doubt is no more" Go ahead and let that marinate...

Well folks, until Monday, may the peace of God be with each of you. I'm here with a listening ear if you need me.

This series will continue on Monday.

That's all for now. Have a blessed morning/afternoon/evening.

May his peace be with you through the rest of this day and through the course of this weekend.

Your Sister in Christ,

LA

No comments:

Post a Comment