Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let it Go


When is it time to let something go and really move on?

I dated a guy back in college. Things were pretty good...We had our fair share of arguments but at the end of the day we had a love and bond that was unbreakable...or was it...While he was pledging to be a Sigma, we lost all contact...I would call, text, and nothing...At the time, I had no idea that he was pledging so by the time I found out, I had already set in my mind that he and I would end whatever it was that we had...We could remain friends but nothing more. After we got back in contact with one another, we tried to rebuild. We forgave each other for everything that happened before, during, and after his "pledging" took place, however, things had changed. Our lives were now on different paths, we argued more then before...so I decided that we should just be friends. 2 years later, he comes back around trying to get it back to where it was before...Am I wrong for not wanting to take a step back into the past because my belief is that when it's done it's done?

Our last few conversations haven't been like they used to. We used to talk all day everyday about everything...Now when we talk it's always about how I [Leslie] don't call anymore, don't care anymore, don't love anymore. I just feel like my heart isn't there anymore and I would be wrong to lead him to believe that it is still with him. He used to be one of my closest friends but now.......how do I close this chapter? I've tried to get through to him that "US" is no longer an option...I don't want to be rude and ignore phone calls and text...but whenever I try to come at him as a friend, he takes it to another level....

When/How do I let go...........................................

1 comment:

  1. Chrisette Michelle's "What you do" is perfect for this situation...

    ReplyDelete