Friday, May 1, 2009

Pretty Women vs. Playoff Games



So last night, myself, and a few female friends headed out to 'The Park' for a social mixer/happy hour. We walk in and immediately notice the large number of men that had decided to come out for the evening. Excited by this discovery, my girls and I grabbed our glasses and posted up by the bar while waiting for our table. We watched as each man stared, smiled, and kept on walking. There was the recurring theme of "watch from a distance, never approach". We just laughed and blew it off because we said surely this can't be real.

Looking back, I realized that every male that we talked to, were men that we already knew. Some were polite enough and introduced themselves to the rest of the group. Others decided to only speak to the ones they knew and to keep it moving [Rude!]

From there, we headed upstairs to the "VIP Area" surely these men would be better, because they don't just let anyone upstairs...I was wrong...it was the same scenario. Men were engrossed in their own conversations and showed females no love.

While posted up at the bar, a man began to walk up to us. Finally! A man that has the guts to say something. So we prepare ourselves for the upcoming, exhilerating conversation and he says something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but you're blocking the tv" Say what?!?!?!?! Did this Ninja just ask us to step to the side so he could see the TV? Yes, yes he did!!!! The playoff game was on...but who cares! You are at a Club, not a Sports Bar...This is a Happy Hour, not the Championship Game...How in the heezy can you stand here and ask that question?! So we stepped to the side and he proceeded to bust through our group so that he could get closer to the TV... Foolishness!! Foolishness I tell you!!!!

As we were leaving...we spoke to some of the bouncers for 'The Park' and asked them what the deal was...They were from NY and married [but weren't wearing wedding bands, hmmm] They were surprised but not surprised by our discovery. According to them, "DC is a Down-Low City so what you found is not surprising" And that was supposed to be encouraging? How? Why?

I then thought to myself, well sir, how do I not know that you're lying about your marriage...I mean, you did move to DC, is this a land of opportunity for you to find a mate? How do I know that you're not gay since you said the majority of men here are? Hmmmmmm but I digress....

Anyway, so the most fun I had for the night, was watching the women throw themselves at men, just to be blown off lol...Amazing!!!

Lesson of the Day: Ninjas will be Ninjas...Don't block the tv while a man is trying to watch the game...

Highlight of the Night: Being called beautiful by two men in the park...

Good Day!

Comment!

3 comments:

  1. I guess I should stop going to Park with folks I know then. Didn't realize ladies are that eager to converse with brothas since everytime I've been there I go with my ready-made crew of friends and associates. Good look! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA...I need for more to follow your highlight of the night...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being called beautiful by two seemingly homeless men at that, LOL...not laughing b/c they were homeless, but damn...a man with a job could have made that observation, LOL. Not only that, but the men who wanted us to approach them (something I DO NOT do) tried to get our attention in the most ridiculous of ways...remember that guy I told you about who was puckering up his lips making a kissing face from across the bar...I mean honestly...what kind of amateurs do these boys think they are dealing with...surely they are not men. And what desperate woman falls for this nonsense! LOL.

    ReplyDelete