Monday, June 22, 2009

He touched Me (Self Evaluation Part V)


This journey of stillness has been so interesting. As I sat in my moment of stillness this weekend, so many new things happened for me. For the first time in I don't know how long, I was actually able to sleep in on a Saturday morning. Even though I had obligations that afternoon/evening, to be able to wake up at 12:00 p.m. with no worries was STUPENDOUS!!!!(Insider to Aja lol) My dreams were quite interesting as well...There was one that I had where one of the Elders in my life told me the following statement: "I've seen a change in you, know that your husband is on his way".

This is very interesting to me. You see, I often pray and ask God that he speak to me when I sleep. Why you ask? No distractions from the outside world. So a lot of things that are set to happen in my life, actually happen in my dreams. Crazy you may say, but thats the way my life is. So I took this dream quite seriously, especially in my moment of stillness because I know he's trying to prepare me. My mindset has changed...I've begun to accept some things from people and myself. These are things that may or may not change about me as well as other people. There are things that I didn't see about people, and myself, that are being revealed to me. I've grown to accept these things, 'Flaws and All' right?!

Yesterday's sermon was great for me as well: 1 John 3:1-3
I took some notes for my own personal growth [A lot of things I already knew, but tend to lose sight of them when I'm going through]
* God is a Father that never turns his back (I appreciate that because even when friends fail me, or even when I fail myself, God is, and always will be there)
* God may not be my biological Father but he stands firm on his promise: "Lo I am with you always" (This is comforting to know because it's a good feeling to know that no matter what, there's always someone who will have my back)
* God's love engages me (He'll always comfort and keep me)
* Some people will only love me because of what I have right now. God loves me always! He takes me as I am! (No matter how many times I mess up, no how many times I fall, he'll always love me)
*There will be people that love me conditionally, but God loves me unconditionally. (Self-explanatory)
*He is the same Yesterday, Today, and Forever. (A blessing to know!)
* He will give me the desires of my heart
*I WILL praise him in advance
*Have Faith (God I trust you)

I praise him for where I've been, where I am now, and where he is taking me...

Who can separate me from the love of Jesus?! [I am SOULed out!]

Furthermore, in my moment, I'm learning to trust more than ever before. While I'm saying 'NO' to man, now is the time to say 'YES' to the Lord...

Songs of the moment:
"I'll Trust You" [James Fortune]
"Change" [Walter Hawkins]
"Yes" [Shekinah Glory Ministries]
"Souled Out" [Hezekiah Walker & LFCC]

Until next time...May God bless and Keep you...

No comments:

Post a Comment