Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yes to your will/way (Self-Evaluation Part IV)

So over the last couple of weeks, I've been in a moment of Stillness. I have removed myself from certain activities, I have had to let go of certain committments and have gone into meditation. During this time, I've realized a lot about myself. When I thought I was fully giving myself to God, I really was not. I was so busy over committing myself to everyone else, that I wasn't leaving enough room for God to be a part of my life. I was walking around tired, and worn out. When I would get home, I was always too busy to open my bible like I should. I was too tired to fall on my knees and pray. I was being a lazy Christian, and I'm not ashamed to say it. I was so busy trying to handle everyone else's problems, that I was ignoring my own.

Yesterday, there was a recurring theme throughout my day. "Will your heart and soul say yes?" In my darkest/midnight hour, when I have no where else to turn, will my heart and soul still say yes to God. When God says No, will I still say yes? I went into meditation and I began speaking to God. I surrendered to his will and his way. I told him yes! So these next few weeks, I know God will continue to work on me. I'm still in a moment of stillness. He has committed me to him, and him only. So don't take it to heart if I can't be there all of the time like you would like me to be. God is preparing to take me to another level and I can't wait.

Until next time...

God is...

LA

No comments:

Post a Comment