Friday, June 10, 2011

Daily Devotion for 6/10/11 The Clock Is Ticking

Good Morning Folks! Happy Friday! Here is today's devotion!


Today's Topic: The Clock Is Ticking

Scripture Text: Psalms 31:14-15


I trust in you, O Lord . . . My times are in your hands
.

I seem to spend a great deal of my day fighting against the clock. There are always more things to be done than hours in the day to do them. Sleeping, nurturing my marriage, and taking time with each of my children can't be done quickly. And it seems that before I've blinked, another day has gone. Often the tasks don't seem worth the time they consume. Little time seems to be left to do the things I really want to do.

I never expected life to look like this. As a teenager and young adult, I prayed that I wouldn't be average. I wanted to be different and to change the world. I didn't expect life to involve rushing around washing socks.

How relieved I am, therefore, to discover that God can and does make the ordinary extraordinary. Day by day, as I follow God's paths -- as I trust and obey -- I become more content. I've seen that however mundane some tasks may seem, small acts can have greater impact than anyone could have imagined. Who knows, for instance, how my children might change the world for God? What I do know is that God goes ahead of me and walks beside me. God is not restricted or pressured by clocks or calendars, and my times are in God's hands.

Jenny Sanders (Hampshire, England)
Prayer
Dear Father God, help us to know your peace as we walk through the days you have ordained for us. Amen.

Thought for the Day

When we obey in trust, God can use our small actions to accomplish much good.


Prayer Focus


Those who feel harried

Have a great and safe weekend. Sunday is Pentecost Sunday as well as Children's Day at Shiloh come on out and enjoy a wonderful service.

:: LA ::

No comments:

Post a Comment