Monday, June 20, 2011

Daily Devotion for 6/20/11 What's the rush?

Good Morning Everyone. I received this devotion this morning from a fellow reader...Enjoy!

What's the Rush
by Joyce Meyer - posted June 20, 2011

To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven.
—Ecclesiastes 3:1

Much of the world is in a hurry, always rushing, yet very few people even know where they are going in life. If we want to be at peace with ourselves and enjoy life, we must stop rushing all the time. People rush to get to yet another event that has no real meaning for them or that they really don't even want to attend. Hurry is the pace of the twenty-first century. Rushing has become a disease of epidemic proportions.We hurry so much, we finally come to the place where we cannot slow down.

I can remember the days when I worked so hard and hurried so much that even if I took a vacation, it was almost over by the time I geared down enough to rest. Hurry was definitely one of the "peace stealers" in my life and still can be, if I do not stay alert to its pressure. Life is too precious to rush through it. I find at times that a day has gone by in a blur. At the conclusion of it, I know I was very busy all day, yet I cannot really remem¬ber enjoying much, if any, of it. I have committed to learn to do things in God's rhythm, not the world's pace.

Jesus was never in a hurry when He was here on earth, and God is absolutely not in a hurry now. Ecclesiastes 3:1 states, "there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven." We should let each thing in our lives have its season and realize we can enjoy that season without rushing into the next one.


Be Blessed

:: LA ::

1 comment:

  1. This is the word I brought to the women on Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete