Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Luvsik


I lie awake now
Dreaming about you
The scent of you still invades my senses
The feel of you still haunts my sould
And I miss rolling over into you

I miss your embrace
I miss the taste of your smile
I miss the way you used to look at me
Eyes shinin' all bright
They were the windows to your soul
And I loved the way you made me feel

You made me feel strong
You loved me in ways I couldn't imagine
You made me better
You became my strength , my hope, my joy
You filled me with a love that most only dream of

But when you left, my heart lost it's rhythm
It lost its beat

The butterflies that once flutter within became wingless
The smile that used to be permanent, suddenly lost it's adherance
I became empty
Lifeless

But somehow in all of this, I still threw up your name
Luvsik
Captivated
Lost in the idea of lovin' you
Captured
A victim of your love venom
Scarred
Wounded
Raw

And I couldn't walk anywhere without seeing your face
Couldn't speak without uttering your name
What was once just a dream, had suddenly become a harsh reality
You were gone
You're still gone

And now...
my life just isn't the same

1 comment: