Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Va Va Vooooooommmm (How far is too far? [compliments of Aja])


How far is too far?

Over the past few years of my life, I have really asked myself this question.

This morning as I was leaving for work, one of the managers at the complex said the following statement to me: "Why are you looking all mean this morning, with your sexy self?" [I threw up in my mouth] I waved my hand and said "Don't talk to me" and I sped off. This man when I first came to the complex, was extra flirtatious (My roommate is a witness) but much to my surprise as well as my Roomie's, this man is married, with children!!!! How could I have known? He wore no ring...He engaged in conversations with me about coming over, and having dinner and such...Inappropriate!! So I ask, how far is too far?

Then lets speak on an older Gentlemen 40+ years old...Approached me while at a Happy Hour. We will refer to him as "Uncle Daddy". Why? Because he was old enough to be my daddy, literally (He has a daughter my age), and because he resembles my Uncle Duck. [Scary!]Well he asked to take me to dinner, buy me a drink, etc. So I carried on this little charade with him...We sat down and conversed and I asked him "So tell me about your wife?" He was like "Huh?" I said "Oh, so you thought I didn't notice that massive wedding ring on your left hand? I'm not stupid" his reply "Oh, well we've been married for 11 years and we have an open relationship. She goes and does what she wants, and I do what I want, no questions asked" Unacceptable!!!! I will not be going to hell over him...He was good peoples but I made the boundaries clear. So, again I ask, how far is too far?


Then we have a young guy in the Military...He approaches me in a dark night club down in Norfolk. We dance, ok great, my girl points out the wedding band on his finger...So I say fine, you want to play games, let me see how far you think this will go. He calls me and asks me out and I proceed to tell him off. Why does this happen, because his WIFE decides to call me. Now I know I had no business giving that fool my number, but I wanted to teach him a lesson. So when he finally called I ask him about this marriage. Stunned by my question he asks me how I knew about his wife. I said fool, you had on a wedding band #1, and #2, she called me. I then tell him all about himself and that he probably married her because he would make more money. So I said sir, do you have any children? I know you get money for that too...He says yes, a son. Do I look like I was born yesterday? He even asked me to be his side chick...What in the world? Hell no!!!!!! So I fussed and cussed some more and said "Good Day". Never heard from that Ninja again, but he tried to approach me again a few weeks later in the club. NO sir, no sir...Back Up!!!!! So, once more, how far is too far?

What happened to committment? What happened to the sacredness in marriage and vows? These are only 3 examples of some of the foolywang I've dealt with...I've got more stories for another day. This is why women are so afraid to trust...If these men are willing to act inappropriately in a marriage, what were you doing while you were just "dating" * Sigh *

UGH!!!!

SO I ask, HOW FAR IS TOO FAR?

No comments:

Post a Comment