Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Daily Devotion for 4/13/11 Highly Favored

Good Morning Folks! Have a great day!

Today's Subject: Highly Favored

Scripture Text: Luke 1:28



The angel went to [Mary] and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

I'M single. That wasn't popular to say during my 20s and 30s. While friends made wedding plans and walked down the aisle, I remained alone. My grandmother feared for my future without a husband; friends said I'd be better off married. But I never met a man I could love.

For a while, it bothered me that other women connected with their Mr. Right. Was something wrong with me? Or had God simply not led me to the man I was to marry? But I eventually came to cherish another, amazing relationship. Rather than looking for a husband, I committed myself totally to God.

Gabriel called Mary "highly favored," and she was -- not because she had found a man to marry but because she was chosen by God. And God chooses each of us for a unique role.

Our single or married status in life doesn't carry any weight with God; our relationship with Christ does. All of us can be "highly favored" in God's sight by giving ourselves completely to what God asks us to do.

Sherri Langton (Colorado, USA)
Prayer
Dear God, thank you for showing us in Mary what really matters to you. Help us to seek you above all others. Amen.

Thought for the Day
The only relationship that truly satisfies is relationship with God.


Prayer Focus

Single adults


Love you all!!!

Peace and God's Blessings

:: LA ::

No comments:

Post a Comment