Friday, April 15, 2011

Daily Devotion for 4/15/11 Set Free

Good Morning Folks. Happy Friday!!!

Today's Topic: Set Free
Scripture Reading: Luke 23:32-43

Read Luke 23:32-43

People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God.
-Luke 13:29 (NIV)


AS we pulled onto the side of the road with a flat tire, a man pulled up behind us. While we worked side by side in the mud to change the tire, I suspected that be was a believer. When I asked, he told me he was an ex-convict and had been released from the penitentiary only 45 minutes earlier. Jesus had set him free in an eternal way 12 years into a 17-year sentence. He vowed to serve those in need because he had neglected the needs of others for so long.

I am glad that we did not know initially that the man helping us was an ex-convict because we would have treated him differently. The last thing he said to us was, "I thank God the first contacts I had on the outside were believers."

Twenty centuries ago, another convicted criminal was set free. When Jesus forgave the man hanging on the cross beside him, the man was freed from his past completely. As he joined Jesus in paradise, I imagine he was welcomed with open arms with no mention of his past. I envision a time when the thief on the cross, my roadside friend, and I will all sit at the marriage supper of the Lamb in robes equally as white as the others. (See Rev. 19:7-9.)

Because Jesus willingly accepted and forgave repentant sinners, so must we.

Jonathan Walter (Indiana, USA)
Prayer
God of forgiveness and understanding, help us be watchful for unaccepted people and show them kindness. Amen.

Thought for the Day
Jesus died for all people.

Prayer Focus

Those recently released from prison

Have a blessed weekend Everyone! Remember to pray for someone today...

Cause I'm praying for you :)

Love Y'all,

:: LA ::

No comments:

Post a Comment