Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Daily Devotion for 9/14/11 A heart that forgives

Good Morning Folks! Happy Wednesday to you all.

Today's Topic: A heart that forgives
Scripture Text: Psalms 130:4

"But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you."


This morning I woke up with the song "A heart that forgives" by Kevin Lavar http://youtu.be/iUV5T9JIJZ0 on my mind and heart. The last few days I've really had to face some things about myself. In asking God for forgiveness I hadn't forgiven myself or some others for things that I had done and they had done to me. I thought I had let it go but there are things I have been holding on to. I've been holding a grudge against people because they claimed to be a friend and in instant, had turned on me. And as I think about the verse that says "But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you." I said to myself, "How can I truly serve God, if I can't forgive like he forgives me" If I want to be more Christ-like, a part of that is knowing how to forgive, and doing just that.

So how do I let go? The grudge has tainted relationships, kept me from building others because I can't let go. I want to let it go! As the song plays in the background and tears form in my eyes, I'm reminded of these words, 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." So God, on today, I let it go! I'm turning it over to you. I know that I can cast my cares upon you and that you will help me through this.

So what about you? Are there people that you haven't forgiven. The one thing that I have learned about forgiveness is that we don't forgive solely for the benefit of the one who wronged us. Forgiveness is for us too. It's how we find peace within a rough situation. How do you forgive through a difficult situation? Through faith...Surely if Christ can forgive those who crucified him, then we can forgive too!

So my prayer on today is that God forgives me and that he gives me the heart to forgive others and for me to forgive myself. By Faith I believe it will be done. So today God, I release the anger, the grudge, the unwillingness to forgive, over to you. I pray that you will give me heart that forgives.

And if I have ever wronged any of you, I ask for your forgiveness...In Jesus name...

I love you all and I'm praying for you...

:: LA ::

No comments:

Post a Comment