Thursday, September 29, 2011

Devotion for 9/28/11 How's your relationship with God?

Good Morning folks...Hope you've had a productive week. I've had some crazy days this week but nothing I can't handle...Here's the devotion for the day

Today's Topic: How's your relationship with God
Scripture Text: John 5:30


"I do not seek My own will but the of the Father who sent me"


The relationship Jesus had with His Father is the kind of relationship that He wants you to have with him. Three things describe that relationship. For today, let's look at Intimacy

Jesus said, "The Father loves the Son and shows him all he does" John 5:20 you interact with many people throughout the course of your day, but you only share your heart with those you trust, and with whom you have a close relationship. So, ask yourself this questions, "How close are you to God right now?" Are you close enough to hear God when he speaks to you? Close enough to know when you've said or done something which has grieved him? Cloe enough to feel the warmth of his presence? The truth is, you are as close to God right now as you desire to be, decide to be, and discipline yourself to be. Nothing is born unless there is first an act of intimacy between two people, and intimacy is based on one word: desire How much do you desire God?

David said, "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you" Psalms 63:1

Do you desire His house? "They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink fromyour river of delights" Psalms 36:8

Do you desire his Word? "I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread" Job 23:12

We will continue with this lesson in to tomorrow...Be Blessed Folks!

Love me some you

:: LA ::

No comments:

Post a Comment