Thursday, September 22, 2011

Today's Lesson: It's not yours to fight

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Folks,

In light of yesterday's tragic events, I'd first like to send up a prayer. This prayer is not only for the family of Troy Davis, it's also for those who currently have family members and friends who are in jail, on death row, or have been executed, whether innocent or guilty. Amen


"Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord."
Romans 12:19


I thought I would touch on this issue because as I sat to reflect on yesterday's happenings and after reading posts throughout the media, this verse came to mind. I know that we have all been in a situation where we feel like someone has wronged us in some way or another. Our first instinct is to retaliate. We want to pay someone back for the wrong they did, and the hurt and pain they have caused us. Though easier said than done, God says "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" It gives us the freedom to walk away from a tough situation with the assurance that God will handle the situation. This keeps us from harming others, ourselves, and beginning a continuous trend of tit for tat. What good does it do any of us to continue to fuss and fight back and forth...building up anger within, causing strife and pain within ourselves and even within those close to us.

Here's the reality of God's wrath: the wrath of God is God’s settled anger toward sin expressed in the repayment of suitable vengeance on the guilty sinner. So why not let him fight your battles?

How many times have you been in a situation where you've done wrong to someone and the next thing you know, something went wrong in your life. It could be something as simple as playing a trick on a friend, and you turn around and trip over something or run in to something causing some type of physical harm or pain to yourself? I know it's happened to me...I learned a long time ago that nothing and no one here on Earth is worth more to me than my relationship with Christ, and my ticket to heaven. Don't set yourself up by trying to win a fight that God has already said he has under control. What you do here on Earth, you'll have to answer for when you get to heaven. Is it really worth it?

We may not agree with everything that Man does here on Earth, but rest assured that God is watching, and when Man tries to play God, God will handle it.

Those who fought to execute Troy Davis, and executed all those in the past who have been wrongfully accused, they have to live wit that every day for the rest of their lives. That internal struggle alone is punishment enough. The question is, what will they have to say when they get to those pearly gates? The question is, what are we going to do NOW so that this doesn't happen again?

I encourage you all to read Troy Davis' last letter to the people...--> http://redantliberationarmy.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/to-all-a-message-from-troy-anthony-davis/ It is a testament of faith and trust in God. I was inspired and encouraged and I hope you are too.

Let God fight your battles....That's my rant for the day...Stay positive, stay knowledgeable, stay informed...we owe to ourselves and the generations to follow...

Be Blessed Family!

:: LA ::

No comments:

Post a Comment